Go Back   Conception Tips - Pregnancy Tips - TTC and Conception Forum > Adding To Your Family > Trying to Conceive

Trying to Conceive Share your joys and struggles with others who are trying to conceive. Also, please post any tips, ideas or anything else conception related in here.

Welcome to the Conception Tips - Pregnancy Tips - TTC and Conception Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 05-15-2008, 01:05 PM

Question Vitex and Pre-Seed

I'm new to the forum so please forgive me if there is already a topic about this. I am going to start taking Vitex and using Pre-Seed more religiously but I was curious about a few things. How many capsules of the Vitex should I be taking everyday? Also should I use the entire tube of Pre-Seed each time? It seems like a little goes a long way but maybe we haven't gotten results with it yet because we haven't been using enough? Any suggestions or past experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

~Ambie
Old 05-16-2008, 06:13 AM
rac rac is offline rac has a Photo Album

Ambie - Welcome. It's been a while since I took vitex, but I believe I took 500 - 1000mg a day. Also, there is a lot of preseed in the package, but if you save some for later, I'm not sure if that changes the effectiveness.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:19 AM

Ambie~ If I remember correctly I took 1200mg a day. So I took 400mg morning, noon and night. Also with the preseed I think it depends on the person. Alot of women only use half. Personally DH and I were comfortable with the whole tube. GL!
Old 05-16-2008, 09:13 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Honeybee

Ambie ~ Welcome! Personally I was taking one capsule of Vitex before bed every night because I had read that it had caused stomach pains in some of the girls. One of the girls also brought up a really good point about how effective Vitex would be if you took it with other things like EPO (evening primrose oil), so I stopped taking the Vitex and stuck with the EPO. Also, in regards to the preseed, Cap'n thought the whole tube was too much, so we use half. I guess it is all personal preference.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:37 AM

Question

Thanks for all the responses. For those of you who took the Vitex did it help you to get a BFP?
Old 05-16-2008, 11:56 AM
rac rac is offline rac has a Photo Album

Ambie - Unfortunately, No the vitex did not help me. However, my bff was taking it for about a year and got pg after many years of infertility and pcos.

The preseed did help me get pg, though.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Irene Irene is offline   Irene has a birthday soon!

My bottle of 400 mg Vitex says "take 1 capsule two or three times daily for eight to twelve weeks. Thereafter, take 1 capsule daily." For a few months I was doing this fertility recipe Vitex/B6 Fertility Recipe but my cycles started to get really long so I stopped. I don't know if the extra Vitex had anything to do with it since it was much higher than the recommended dosage on the bottle. Like Rebecca the cycle I got pg I used preseed and also instead cups. I did start taking 1 400 mg Vitex daily again this cycle so we'll see how it goes. It does say that you're not supposed to take it while pregnant so I stop during the 2WW.

Edit: I take EPO as well as Vitex because I think they work differently. EPO is supposed to help with your fertile CM which I am pretty lacking in. It hasn't really helped though as far as I can tell so I definitely need the preseed.

Last edited by Irene; 05-16-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:16 PM

Question

I've been seeing Robitussin a lot on the forum. What exactly is that supposed to do for you? Also what are instead cups?
Old 05-16-2008, 12:23 PM

Ambie - When you're sick, Robitussin works by thinning your mucous - and thats what its supposed to help with for fertility too. Its all about producing the best fertile CM. I tried it but I couldn't down the Robitussin... I've been thinking about trying mucinex since it does the same thing just in a pill format. If you do buy some, make sure its only guaifenesin with none of the other active ingredients.

Instead cups Menstrual Cups, Feminine Products & Menstruation Products are designed for menstruation but some of us use them to keep the swimmers in after BDing.

I forgot to say that I use pretty much the whole tube of preseed each time. There's always a little bit left in the tube that I just can't get out... sometimes I will use it on DH so its not wasted

Last edited by Irene; 05-16-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:30 PM

Irene- Thanks for all the info. I'm glad I came to the forum. I can't believe there is so much I didn't know about TTC naturally. I've used Clomid & Letrazole in the past and was told I could start injectables but really just didn't want to go through all the stress. I still want to give my body more time to try things a little more naturally & these are good options. I really have a gut feeling its my CM keeping me from get pg so I'm hoping that the Pre-Seed will do the trick.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:33 PM

Ambie - come join us in the May TTC thread and tell us more about your story... we won't bite
Old 05-16-2008, 12:50 PM

Ok I have a few questions on the Mucinex also. How much should I take & do I take it everyday?
Old 05-16-2008, 12:52 PM

Ambie - I would follow the directions on the box as if I had a cold and use it from the end of your period through ovulation.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to BabyStone

Wow.. You learn something new every day...
Irene, which reciepe did you follow?? Just curious! Also, what is EPO??? I think I might try this, I'm just hoping that it doesn't effect my headaches... I get enough of them on my own that I don't need med induced ones
Old 05-18-2008, 10:32 PM

Ashley ~ Irene posted the link to the fertility recipe a couple of posts earlier. EPO is evening primrose oil, you can find it in some pharmacies. I got my Vitex online.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:40 PM

Thanks Mel. What do you take?? Both or just the Vitex. I ran out of time today to go shopping, but it's on my list of things to do tomo. I still have a few days. I don't wanna start anything new till CD 1 anyway...
Old 05-19-2008, 08:47 AM

Ashley ~ I pretty much follow the fertility diet. B6, PNV and EPO in the morning (add a Mucinex & BA if it is after AF, although I haven't done that the last few cycles) and at dinner, B50, EPO. At bedtime, I'm going to start up with the Vitex again.

Old 05-26-2008, 01:49 PM

Question

I started taking my Vitex today. I bought 500 mg tablets. I'm not sure if I should take 3 a day or just stick with 2. I don't want to take too many or too few.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:12 PM

Ambie... I just got mine today too, but they were only 400mg. I'm thinking of taking it 3x's per day, but I was wondering the same thing... Are you going to follow one of the reciepes?? or just take the Vitex? I also bought Vit BComplex50 Ext Rel. But I didn't get the other B vits yet bc I wasn't sure why they wanted so much of it since it was already in the B Complex??
Old 05-26-2008, 07:42 PM

Ashley...No I'm not following a recipe. I'm just going to try the Vitex along with Mucinex & Pre-Seed & hope for the best. Oh I am also taking a pre-natal everyday.