Go Back   Conception Tips - Pregnancy Tips - TTC and Conception Forum > Adding To Your Family > Trying to Conceive

Trying to Conceive Share your joys and struggles with others who are trying to conceive. Also, please post any tips, ideas or anything else conception related in here.

Welcome to the Conception Tips - Pregnancy Tips - TTC and Conception Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 08-07-2005, 09:32 PM
lytness

Default retroverted uterus

hi. i just wanted to know the chances of conceiving if you have a retroverted uterus. i'm in my early 30s and i really wanted to much to have a baby.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:24 PM

Default Tipped uterus

Hi, I found this info and thought you might find it helpful, although I bet you have done a lot of research yourself as it is. Hope this isn't redundant. Either way, I wish you luck!
Tipped Uterus:
Frequently Asked Questions

The following are questions we are frequently asked regarding a tipped uterus. If you do not find an answer to your question on this page please either e-mail us or post it one the message board.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What other terms are used to describe a tipped uterus?

Q: How does a uterus become tipped, retroverted or retroflexed?

Q: Can a pessary be used to treat a tipped uterus instead of having a surgical procedure?

Q: Can a tipped uterus prevent me from getting pregnant?

Questions With Answers

Q: What other terms are used to describe a tipped uterus?

A: There are many alternate ways of referring to a tipped uterus. However, all of the terms mean that the uterus is tipped backwards toward the back of the pelvis.

Common alternatives include:

retroflexed uterus
tilted uterus
backward uterus
retroverted uterus
tilted womb
Medical professionals may use the terms:

uterine retroversion
uterine retroflexion
retroversion of the uterus
symptomatic uterine retroversion
symptomatic uterine reflexion
uterine retrodisplacement
reflexion of the uterus

Q: How does a uterus become tipped, retroverted or retroflexed?

A: A woman can have a tipped uterus for a number of reasons:

As a woman matures, the uterus usually shifts from a tilted position to a mildly forward position. However, sometimes this movement does not occur and the uterus remains tipped back.
Pregnancy can also cause the uterus to shift to a tilted state. If the ligaments holding the uterus in place stretch, or lose their tension during pregnancy, the uterus can become tipped or retroverted. In most cases, the uterus returns to a forward position after childbirth. But sometimes it remains in the tipped position.
Scarring from adhesions as a result of endometriosis, surgery or fibroids can also cause the uterus to shift to a tilted or retroflexed state. Sometimes, a uterine suspension is used in conjunction with treatments for endometriosis to prevent the formation of adhesions after surgery.

Q: Can a pessary be used to treat a tipped uterus instead of having a surgical procedure?

A: " Yes and no." Because insertion of a pessary can lead to vaginal infections and restrains one from regular intercourse, it is generally considered a temporary solution for pelvic pain resulting from a tipped uterus. Also, a pessary typically makes intercourse painful for the male partner.

So "yes", a pessary may relieve your pain but "no" because it can cause other undesirable side affects as well.

Q: Can a tipped uterus prevent me from getting pregnant?

A: A tipped uterus is typically only thought to be problematic after all other possible reasons for fertility problems have been investigated and ruled out. If there is no other explanation for your fertility problems a uterine suspension may be recommended by your doctor. However, this is not common.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:32 PM

Default One more thing

I found this too - thought you might find it inspiring . . . go to the following website with MANY testimonials from MOTHERS who have a retroverted uterus!

http://p211.ezboard.com/fmommyguideh...opicID=8.topic
Old 08-09-2005, 09:23 AM

I had a friend with the same problem she went to a chiropractor and after only two adjustments she got pregnant. Now I will say I don't go to chiropractor's but it is an option if you are willing to go. Just a thought! Hoping for good news for you!
Old 08-12-2005, 10:41 PM
rac rac is offline rac has a Photo Album

A friend of mine told me that she has a retroverted uterus.
She is currently pregnant with her second daughter. To her knowledge, it has never been an issue.